Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Huh.... I'll Be...

<<<  A book catalog.

I haven't seen one of these in a long time.  Seriously.  We've internet, who sends out book catalogs still?

Apparently these guys.

All right, so I'm looking through to see how much leftist pandered bullshit is in here along with whatever "safe" right winger things there might be...

The usual encyclopedia's.

Cooking books.

Rebellion: History of England from James I to the Glorious Revolution by Peter Ackroyd

Glorious Revolution?  Was not aware of that event having such...misnomer name.  Revolution are not glorious.  They are times highly necessary but are bloody and costly.

Normal assortment of art books and a... re-creation of 18th-Century Indian playing cards?  They're round and highly odd looking.

The Autobiography of Mark Twain.  Okay now this one I can totally grok it.   Mark Twain is an icon of American literature.   (I really really really liked how they did Mark Twain in Star Trek: TNG. ;) )

Baseball...beekeeping...

Audubon: Early Drawings.   Okay now this one intrigues me as well, as they were some of the first people to begin putting together identification guides that everyone could understand.

Ugh... pedantic ramblings from morons about secret religions.  Well apparently they aren't that secret.
Then I find something that sends me laughing out of the bean bag chair!

The Book of Bastards: 101 Worst Scoundrels and Scandals from the World of Politics and Power

I'm just tickled they let the author name it the Book of Bastards.

Cats... more cute cats...

Puppies.... more puppies...

Books on manners...

More cookbooks...

Atlantis theories... seriously what book catalog doesn't have those?

Then I come across the one that stops me in my tracks.  It reminds of a trip that we took my junior in high school to DC.  (I was 16 and you'd think being young and impressionable would have at least made my visit keep DC in a positive light.... yeah...no.  Fuck that stupid town.)  We visited all the memorials like good little students... but only a few of us went through the Holocaust museum.  If you haven't gone, go.  If you refuse to go, you're a fucking coward.  You hear me?  You're a coward.

The Man Who Broke Into Auschwitz

New York...more art... poetry, more poetry and more poetry... ehgads some of those folks are atrocious... where's a good Emily Dickinson collection when I need it?

Board games...art kits... more art... more encyclopedias...

A...Very... Klingon... Christmas ????

oookkaaayyy.....

Thrillers.... mysteries..... CD's......

Well, things haven't changed in book catalogs.  They still have bits and pieces of everything from cool to... what the fuck did am I seeing here?  Disappointed though.  I saw zero classics.

"Classics is such a vague term.." Oh bullshit.  CLASSICS.

Like:

Ivanhoe
Moby Dick
Robin Hood
The Scarlet Letter
The Prince and Pauper
A Tale of Two Cities
Frankenstein
Pride and Prejudice
Dune
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn


You know... REAL books with REAL stories and REAL characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment