Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Hand over the coffee....

.... and nobody gets hexed today.

Bleh.

So I managed to be able to watch some television yesterday and on top of that, with the fiance too!

Mike Rowe's "Somebody's Gotta Do It" on CNN on Wednesdays.

I love you Mike.

I dearly love his body of work and the foundation that he's started to get people back into infrastructure jobs as those have suffered greatly at the hands of this "You have to have a college degree to get anywhere" bullshit.

Then it was several hours of Alaska: The Last Frontier on Discovery channel.

I seriously heart the Kilcher (sp?) family.  I love Alaska, I love that raw hard edge homesteading and I love the fact that so much of that show makes me either laugh from memories my parents told me of, I've been in that situation at one point or it was just amusing.

To be honest, I think most of you folks take being able to laugh for granted.

Like today, I woke up and my headspace is not quite right today.

I don't really know why, I didn't see anything that was even remotely a trigger, but I'm fighting the urge to crawl back under the covers and it's not because I'm tired.

But I have yarn and music and I'm chilling still in Phoenix.  The place is just that much better that I know I'm going to be all right in a few hours.

So it's just this today.  Enjoy being able to laugh.




1 comment:

  1. Huh. I had that same feeling this morning, kind of. Just an, "I don't want to get up, I don't want to deal with the world, I just want to burrow under the covers and stay here."

    Yet I'm nearly on the opposite end of the country from you.

    Wonder what's up...

    ReplyDelete