Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Jumping into May

Whew.  Okay so several of things have happened in the past couple of weeks that make me shake my head rather frequently.  Among them how anyone could be so damn stupid as to think that just because someone is queer or just starting out on their path to become a damn awesome medic.... that it's okay to bash them.  Eesh.  Childish brats.  However I'm not focusing on that.  I'm focusing on the woman who is SqueakyB.  She's friggin awesome.  Someone who inspires me quite often.

 "May 16-18 (next weekend), a 72-hour stream with 24 gamers playing for 3-hour blocks of time, having game giveaways and whatnot. 

All proceeds go to TBDAlliance.org, and the site we're using (hitbox) is actually letting us have 100% of the revenue from all ads shown on stream that weekend.

The channel where we're streaming is at http://hitbox.tv/wolfpackgaming

People don't have to donate money directly to contribute...they can even just open the stream and leave it open all weekend to help us gain viewer hours, which go toward more donations from hitbox (10,000 viewer hours = 10Euros, so we'd either need a consistent 200 viewers the entire weekend, or 3500 people watching for one hour each day of the stream...so numbers matter). 

The main point of the stream is awareness, though the charity portion is nice because it shows that we're trying to actually DO something about it."

 Squeaky is one of a few people, that number having grown recently, of folks who I know that have Lyme's or Rocky Mountain.  What are these?  Nasty bugger of a disease that's carried by ticks.  I don't think I've ever hit hard enough on having yourself protected against ticks with most of my friends, but you can bet I'm going to start doing so.

 Among other news is I'm trying to decide what would work best for military vet support donations.  I'm sure you're all familiar with R.E.D. Fridays (Remember Everyone Deployed).  For a while now, I've been trying to figure out how I can help a personally adored group, The Battle Buddy Foundation.

 Now, in case you're new to my blog, I've experienced the satisfaction and true unconditional love that an animal can give you.  And in their time (I think they are just now hitting either their first or second full year) they've already got results, and so far it's 100%.  There are in the works, four things that will have codes on them in the Etsy store.

One for TBBF and one for TBDAlliance. By September (I'm doing my stuff by hand here folks, I don't things on machines) I'll be able to start donating to the two.  It'd only once a month donations, and some months may not even have anything to donate, but it's the best at moment that I can do.  OH! And ask you to tune into stuff above for Squeaky.  Cuz she's awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment